52nd VideoLAN report
The week started with numerous additions to the Direct3D video accelerations and video outputs, to continue the support for 10bits decoding and HDR.
Related to those improvements, we added support for hardware decoding of HEVC decoding inside the TS format, by improving our HEVC packetizer.
We fixed (actually added) the support of QuickTime Videos inside MKV, aka MP4-inside-MKV; and also the support for QuickTime Audio inside MKV.
We improved again the ChromeCast support, by fixing small issues, notably when reloading and stopping the stream.
Finally, we also did a fix for hidden chapters in MKV, and improved the MIDI integration for Windows, and reworked a bit our contrib system.
On Android, we finally fixed the support for old x86 Phones like the ZenPhone that claimed to be ARM phones. Those phones lie about their CPU with
CPU_ABI AND they expose a fake
/proc/cpuinfo to the applications! Thanks to a contact at ASUS, we got a phone and coded a work-around.
We also added support for saving audio-delay when using your Bluetooth headphones, so that you have a different audio-delay when using those headphones than without headphones.
Finally, we fixed a few crashes and regressions that were reported against the last release.
On UWP, the biggest focus was on cleaning the code and on the Xbox 1 interface.
More to come soon, I hope!
That's all for this summer week! See you next!