18th week of VideoLAN reports
Features and changes
The week started with the addition of a long-asked feature in VLC: hotkeys to increase and decrease the size of the subtitles, without going to preferences or restarting VLC.
We then had several fixes for the Bluray support and mostly BD-J menus, that should now work correctly in VLC.
The skins2 module was fixed for some windows managers like Gnome 3 and Unity that could sometimes keep the taskbar above VLC.
The big mutex that we had for Android decoders and video output was removed by Thomas, after a big fight.
Thomas also modified the core loading of decoders and packetizers: we now always packetize. This is done in preparation of the that we'd like to merge inside VLC.
François rewrote some parts of the mp4 demuxer related to seeking to improve fragmented MP4 and adaptive streaming support.
This week was mostly a preparation for the next major release.
What we mostly did was fixing bugs, notably in audio playback, in cover art management, chapters display and in the bitmap cache.
We largely modified our Android Thumbnailer to fix regressions and support DVD thumbnails.
We also tweaked a bit the interface for advanced options and started to load asynchronously the images for the video list.
Finally we updated all the translations and pushed a version numbered 1.5.90 on the Play Store, in beta.
On iOS, we prepared and pushed the 2.6.5 release, fixing a couple of regressions, notably the handling of the
We also fixed a few bugs for this next version.
Last week was a calm week, mostly on the UI side, for WinRT.
We've spent our week fixing regressions and issue in the thumbnailer, in the video output and fixing crashes.
No new feature, for once
That's all for this week! See you next! Have fun!