36th VideoLAN report

And back to a normal schedule, this post is a weekly report about what happened in the VLC and VideoLAN communities, this week.



This week was a calm week on VLC, for once.

We now receive the UPnP server icon, in the service discovery, and it should be also available through libVLC.

On the TS demuxer side, we now do full sections assembling which will allow to do CRC32 checks.

At the same time, we received 2 Japanese TV fixes, one for ISDB-T, one for ARIB-25 decoding.

The adaptative module was renamed to adaptive.

So the week was mostly composed of numerous fixes for leaks, small crashes, const missing, library versions checks, extremely minor bugs and small 2.2.2 regressions.
We also got some Taglib improvements, but also leaks fixes and cleanups.


In the same way, the Android part was calmer.

In the network servers view, you can now edit the favorites, but also the favorites addition and deletion actions are now available through the context menu.

The UPnP servers now have an icon, thanks to the improvements of VLC's core.

We received other fixes, like Android TV playlist sorting, a few crashes, better directories and network servers parsing.


A contrario, the WinRT port was quite active.

At the end of the week, the first UWP version was running on x86 (Windows 10 TH2) and ARM (Windows 10 mobile).

As you can see here for Music: MusicPlayer-W10.png

and Video: VideoPlayer-W10.png

A lot of fixes for the interface got in, but also compilation issues, fixes for WP8.1;we also got important changes on the Pivot and the SlideShow and on the responsive sizing and animations.


We've had a few fix about Fonts management and loading during BD-J menus.

There was a fix in the HDMV state machine, and a fix for the color loading.

Finally, we now have a new function bd_open_files to replace bd_register_file. This new function came with improvements on the system file access functions.

Hopefully, we'll have a new release soon.

That's all for this week! Thanks a lot and see you next!