This is quite short a post about libVLC in EFL (Enlightenment).
For a long time, the libVLC backend for Emotion was not a full backend, but was considered as a
generic player, mainly because of the license, at the time.
The 2 full backends in EFL were based on GStreamer and Xine.
Since last week, there is now a FULL Emotion backend based on libVLC: see libVLC emotion commit.
- It requires libVLC 3.0.0
- It supports the major part of the Emotion API, including some that the other backends don't support,
- It misses visualization support because there is no libVLC API for this yet,
- It misses mouse events support because there is no libVLC API for this yet,
- It misses some events, notably to change the DVD angles and some other we did not understand,
- It's not yet the fastest, because it would require a new video output in VLC.
We will use that backend to port VLC on Tizen
Please test it and report bugs