A new release
This is the second major release of this application. While still beta, it should be way more stable than the previous one.
The major changes are:
- using libVLC 2.2.0 core,
- redesign of the interface,
- huge performance improvements,
- use of Winsock for networking instead of WinRTsock,
- use of Windows 8.1 widgets,
- move the interface code to Universal to prepare Windows Phone 8.1 port.
To get more stability, the performance improvements and the preparation to port for WP8.1, we had to move the application to Windows 8.1-only.
Be careful, this is still not as perfect and stable as the desktop release.
While this release is still x86-only, we've made great advances on the ARM port. More news soon.
Get it on the Windows Store.