Personnal thought on the CES
This was my first CES and my first time in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas is a crazy city, to see at least once in a man's life. I am not sure I would spend long holidays there or go there with my girlfriend/wife. But some casinos are not buildings but monuments.
CES 2008 was a good show, but had some big failures:
- CES is too much on marketing and not enough technological for me. This is a bit of a shame.
- There are too many babes and women on the stands and not enough on the other side of the stands.
- There were too few technical information, so we can't see the difference between a great product and a great presentation.
- Wireless connection and transportation sucked.
CES 2008 showed some winners and tendencies. No actual surprises, but confirmations:
- Blu Ray vs HD-DVD
- Wireless between devices ( Wifi, USB-W, 60Ghz, 5.8Ghz )
- HD 1080p, 120hz and more
- TV-connected device, Home server and centralization
- Domotic isn't ready yet
- Design/Art can be important for every technological device
- Green and ecology friendly
- Phones aren't phones anymore, they do eveything
- Games can get companies a lot of money
I have counted 6 VLC media player in action on the different stands.